Your One Call Plumbing Solution
SOLAR HOT WATER HEATERS
Cost effective solution. On average, if you install a solar water heater, your water heating bills should drop 50% - 80%.
Also, because the sun is free, you're protected from future fuel shortages and price hikes.
Other financial benefits include:
• Anticipated payback period of 3 to 7 years with the help of state, federal and utility incentives.
• Solar energy systems can take advantage of the sun's free energy year round.
• Solar energy can be produced even at low temperatures.
• Between tax credits and energy savings, this system offers a faster return on your investment than other types
of solar energy systems.
• Lower first-time start up cost than solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.Source: U.S. Department of Energy EERE
Available Incentives on Eligible Solar Water Heating Systems:
Federal tax credits – 30 % of total installed cost
Oregon tax credits – Up to $1500
City of Ashland – Up to $1000
Energy Trust of Oregon – Up to $1500
• Solar energy is an unlimited resource.
• Solar energy does not produce harmful emissions or require transportation or pipelines like electric energy does.
• Solar water heating systems installed in the U.S. help reduce our household energy consumption, and the
nation's reliance on toxic fossil fuels.
• Solar water heating systems will work anywhere in the U.S., not just sunny states.
Source: U.S. Department of Energy EERE consumer's guide
S.O.S. Plumbing employs Oregon Tax Credit Certified Technicians, is a Velux 5-Star Certified Installer
and is an Energy Trust of Oregon Solar Water Heating Trade Ally.